This workshop is SOLD OUT. Please email Wild Island at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be placed on a waiting list for future events.
Join Simon Olding for his second Large Format print workshop on location at his print studio using the archival Epson printers and Canson Infinity media.
This full day course will cover:
- Printer models and ink types
- Colour settings and printer colour management
- Monitors and calibration
- Paper types and selection
- Image Sizing and resizing for print
- Image optimization
- Black & White printing
- File preparation for print
- Three stages of Sharpening for print
- Printing through Photoshop
- Printing through a Raster Image Processor (RIP)
All materials will be included and participants will have an opportunity to print a 20×24” image on their choice of media.
There will be morning and afternoon tea provided, and a break for lunch during the day. You can provide your own, or pop into any nearby cafe’s for a bite to eat.
Please bring along a cushion (our seats are a little hard for a 6-hour workshop), and a warm top as the studio can remain a little chilly at this time of the year.
Simon Olding runs a successful fine art printing business in Hobart where he prints for many of Tasmania’s top artists and photographers.
Limited to 10 people so book early to avoid missing out.