Learn from acclaimed wildlife photographer Matthew Jones
Friday November 3rd – Sunday November 5th, 2017 – $1890
Join acclaimed wildlife photographer Matthew Jones and Tasmanian landscape specialists Loic Le Guilly and Rob Blakers for three days of wildlife and landscape photography on the Tasman Peninsula.
Enjoy delightful Tasmanian cuisine, elegant self-contained accommodation at Eaglehawk Neck and the extraordinarily diverse wildlife and photographic landscape of the Tasman National Park and environs.
The Tasman Peninsula Wildlife & Landscape Photography Workshop includes:
- Specialised and practical tuition in wildlife photography with Matthew Jones, one of Australia’s leading wildlife photographers (for examples of his work, see www.matthewjonesphotography.com)
- Two dawn boat tours with Wild Ocean Tasmania to photograph albatross and other pelagic birds, seals, dolphins and if lucky, migrating whales!
- Night-time wildlife photography
- Detailed instruction tutorials on field techniques and image processing for wildlife and landscape photography, including photographic equipment, wildlife photography techniques and accessories, wildlife ecology
Walks in the tranquil landscapes of Bangor and to Crescent Bay and the dramatic Mt Brown
Small group discussions and relaxed information-sharing
- Time to explore the landscape and for quiet reflection
The workshop price includes:
Complementary vehicle transfers from Hobart to Bangor and Tasman National Park, and within the Park
Delicious meals and a selection of Tasmanian beer and wines.
Comfortable twin-share and single room accommodation in 4 star spa apartments at the historic Lufra Hotel at Eaglehawk Neck.
National park pass for Tasman National Park
Full participation in the workshop, including all tuition
Is the workshop suitable for me?
- The Tasman Peninsular Photography Workshop will cater to a wide range of interests and levels of experience. Being centrally located at Eaglehawk Neck there is considerable flexibility regarding where and how far we explore each day. Participants should be in good physical condition and general health, capable of comfortably negotiating paths and foreshores whilst carrying camera equipment and warm clothes. Please contact us if you are uncertain in this regard.’
- Workshop participants will be required to complete a comprehensive registration form at the time of making the booking. Information on any medical conditions that might have a bearing on your capacity to successfully complete the workshop should be provided at that time.
- Accommodation at the Lufra Appartments is twin share. Single travelers may be required to share a twin room with someone of the same gender. Single rooms are also available for a supplementary premium of 20% of the workshop fee. Please request this at the time of booking.
- The workshop is limited to 8 guests and is recommended for people aged 16 years and over.
Matthew Jones images:
Please note that Workshop participants are responsible for making their own way to the Workshop meeting point at Wild Island in Hobart. The workshop price does not include insurance coverage for trip cancellation or interruption, travel accident or delay, baggage delay or baggage theft, medical or hospitalization expenses. We recommend that you obtain travel insurance to cover these unlikely possibilities, as well as coverage for loss or damage to personal items including photographic equipment.
What to bring
A detailed equipment list will be made available at the time of booking. The list will include warm clothes for 3 days, (weather in Tasmania is unpredictable and we will be out early and late), comfortable lightweight walking boots or runners, a comfortable large day-pack and your camera kit, including tripod and long lenses for wildlife.
To secure your place for the Tasman Peninsula Photography Workshop full payment is required by September 1st 2017. You can reserve your place by paying a $890 deposit. Payments are non-refundable. In the event that the workshop is cancelled due to inadequate enrolment or other circumstances beyond our control, all fees will be refunded in full.
Payment may be made by direct deposit, cheque or credit card.
For further information please contact Wild Island at 03 6224 0220 or Rob Blakers 0427 232 539.