Wild Island will be conducting a range of events, including workshops, talks and field trips. Please sign up to our mailing list to be kept informed of events as they are announced, and for the chance to win a free print!”
- This event has passed.
Les Walkling seminar: The Principles of Pictorial Design
May 27, 2015 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$59
This seminar concentrates on improving in-camera composition, image editing, and processing efficiency through a comprehensive exploration of the principles of pictorial design in Western art.
Paintings, drawings, photographs, constructed spaces, and writings are analysed, and design elements such as light, shade and shadow are orchestrated into powerful photographic solutions.
It focuses on finding subjects, creating personally interesting images, refining aesthetic choices, and working within a fine art tradition.
• Images are composed of images – what does this mean?
• What are the four principles of image construction?
• Why are diagonals and corners so important?
• Drawing, tonal, colour and spatial compositions
• Saturation and brightness relationships
• Perspective: convergence, foreshortening, and diminution
• Light, shade and shadow
• Lines, curves, shapes, textures and direction
• Proportion, dominance, and contrast
• Unity, variety and selection
• Rhythm, harmony and balance
• Successive contrast and overlapping subjects
Les Walkling is a sought after artist, digital imaging specialist and speaker.
Read more about Les on his website. www.leswalkling.com
SCROLL DOWN TO BOOK A TICKET