Wild Island will be conducting a range of events, including workshops, talks and field trips. Please sign up to our mailing list to be kept informed of events as they are announced, and for the chance to win a free print!”
- This event has passed.
Collaboration for a cause
July 13, 2016 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$10 - $20
A presentation by Biologist Rachael Alderman and Photographer Matthew Newton
Rachael will talk about what it is like to be a biologist working on remote islands with Tasmania’s mysterious Shy Albatross and why this work is so important.
Matthew will explain the issues associated with documenting science projects in remote and challenging environments.Together they will discuss their successful collaboration that has resulted in large scale exhibitions around Tasmania and numerous publications nationally that have launched the new Tasmanian Albatross Fund into the public arena.
This talk will examine the many benefits that flow when science and art work together to collaborate for a cause and how visual story telling can engage a new audience, attract philanthropy and drive social change.
Who should attend
• Science professionals and students interested in telling their stories
• Nongovernment organisation, marketing and communications staff
• Communications and education staff at government agencies and universities
• Program directors, curators at institutions
• Concerned citizens, activists and change-makers
All profits go directly to the Tasmanian Albatross Fund.