Accommodation at the Bay of Fires Lodge
Accommodation at the Bay of Fires Lodge is twin share. Single travelers may be required to share a twin room with someone of the same gender. To guarantee a single room for the duration of your stay a supplementary price of 75% of full fee will apply. Please request this at the time of booking.
The workshop price includes:
- return transfers between Launceston and the Bay of Fires Lodge
- all meals and non-alcoholic beverages. A selection of Tasmanian beer and wines will be available for purchase whilst at the Lodge.
- National Park pass for the Mt William National Park
- full participation in the workshop, including all tuition
- The workshop price does not include insurance coverage for trip cancellation or interruption, travel accident or delay, baggage delay or baggage theft, medical or hospitalization expenses. We recommend that you obtain travel insurance to cover these unlikely possibilities, as well as coverage for loss or damage to personal items including photographic equipment.
Workshop participants are responsible for making their own way to the Workshop meeting point in Launceston.
Is the workshop suitable for me?
- The Bay of Fires Photography Workshop will cater to a wide range of interests and levels of experience. With the Lodge as our base-camp there is considerable flexibility regarding where and how far we explore each day. That said, walking is our mode of transport. Participants should be in good physical condition and general health, capable of comfortably negotioating bush tracks and rocky foreshores whilst carrying camera equipment and warm clothes. Please contact us if you are uncertain in this regard.
- Workshop participants will be required to complete a comprehensive registration form at the time of finalising the booking. Information on any medical conditions that might have a bearing on your capacity to successfully complete the workshop should be provided at that time.
- The workshop is recommended for people aged 16 years and over.
What to bring
- warm clothes for 5 days – remember, this is autumn in Tasmania and we will be out early and late, at night-time and also in mountain rainforest at the Blue Tier. A detailed gear list will be made available at the time of booking.
- comfortable walking boots
- comfortable large day-pack or voluminous camera bag with room for warm clothes, water bottle and snacks
- camera kit, including tripod
- light-weight shoes/runners for use at and around the Lodge
- light umbrella for inclement weather
- personal items including water bottle, tooth-brush etc
To secure your place for the Bay of Fires Photo Workshop full payment is required at the time of booking. This full payment is non-refundable. In the event that a workshop is cancelled due to inadequate enrollment or other circumstances beyond our control, all fees will be refunded in full.
Final payment may be made by direct deposit, cheque or credit card.
For further information please contact Wild Island at 03 6224 0220 or Rob Blakers 0427 232 539.